Please click the links at the bottom of the page to read the articles on the following topics.
"Grief and Pet Loss"
- the stages of grief
- pet loss and children
- do pets grieve?
"Ten Tips on Coping with Pet Loss"
- Am I crazy to hurt so much?
- What can I expect to feel?
- What can I do about my feelings?
- Who can I talk to?
- When is the right time to euthanize a pet?
- Should I stay during euthanasia?
- What do I do next?
- What should I tell my children?
- Will my other pets grieve?
- Should I get a new pet right away?
"Making the Decision" (euthanasia)
- Saying goodbye to your friend
- How can I make the decision?
- How will I know when it's time?
- What if the animal is healthy?
"The Emotions of Pet Loss"
"Do Pets Go to Heaven?"
- This is an article that considers the question from a Christian point of view. Several Biblical references are made.
- The author suggests several comforting concepts.
National Cancer Support Group for Animals
- For owners of animals with cancer
- Call Andrea Spencer for information and support